Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Cup Runneth Over

Ryan is super-dad. He takes the kids and dog for walks, fishing, on errands. He got up at 2:30 am to run to the pharmacy for me. And didn't complain. Mom left today and proved once again that she is a rock star. Totally unselfish with her time and resources. If I can serve my children the way she serves hers, I'll have done my job well. I may have cried a little as she left. Leah and Logan are slipping into their new roles with a baby brother...it's a big change but they're easing in well.
I'm feeling the expected exhaustion, aches and pains, and my 5 senses overwhelmed most of the day. Ryan and I got a call from our Pastor, Tom today. He said he hopes I'm getting rest, "although that's probably a fruitless desire at this point..." I'm so thankful he said that. Reminded me to stay focused on the intense joy surrounding me. Tonight we bathed Brady and Logan got to brush his hair. The 4 of us stood around crying we were laughing so hard. He was wide awake, smiling because he loved how the brush felt. I can't figure out how to load a video on here but we got one and it's precious.
My sweet family of 5. My cup runneth over.

1 comment:

  1. And I'm in tears this morning! So thankful for the blessings in your life! Please oh please call if you need ANYTHING. Remember we are just a hop and skip down the road. :) Love you guys, and so so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete